Saturday, March 29, 2008

More Milestones

It has been a while since I've said anything about what calista is doing now. To be frank, I've just been putting it off because she doing and saying so many new things now it would take hours to think of everthing and post it all, and I don't have "hours". So I'll do my best to tell you how she's been, and what she's up to lately, and all that. One really major high note of the past two months is that or little baby girl is POTTY-TRAINED! Yaaaay! So we're sliding one child into diapers, and one out. We are still putting a pullup on her at night to avoid unnecessary accidents...although I have been letting her nap in panties and she always wakes up dry! One more major milestone down: hundreds more to go!
Speaking of milestones, now that she is potty trained she can go to Sunday School! She started going on March 2nd.
Her memorization skills have been shocking my socks off....I mean flip flops..LOL. In Sunday School she gets a bible verse to memorize every week and she has memorized every one! She still remembers the first one from five weeks ago, reference to the verse and all: Isaiah 41:10 "I am with thee" was the portion of the verse they asked the kids to memorize. Two weeks ago, though, they asked them memorize "...he careth for you..." from 1 Peter 5:7, but we wanted to teach her the whole thing...and she learned it....."Casting all your care upon him, for he careth for you". Plus she has been singing whole songs and can even get the right tune down. I'm going to post a little clip of her singing "The wiggly little caterpiller" (an adorable little song she learned from her Granny). She also knows The B-I-B-L-E, Twinkle, twinkle little star, You are my sunshine, He's got the whole world in his hands, I have decided to follow Jesus, Deep and wide, Monkeys jumping on the bed, Monkeys teasing Mr. Alligator, Mr. Sun sun Mr. Golden Sun, and a TON more nursery/kiddie songs and sunday school songs...Plus she now knows her A, B, C's !
She is able to have an intelligent conversation with an adult and she's saying things like probably, I'm finished, angry, I remember, and I forgot. They sound so cute from a two year old!
Well I must go for now but I'll try to post some more videos a little later on.

GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU!

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of a good report; if there be any virtue, if there be any praise, think on these things.
Philipians 4:8


No comments: